Books I Love…
- Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting by Dr. Laura Markham (Be sure to also check out Dr. Laura’s amazing site and sign up for her newsletters! http://www.ahaparenting.com/)
- The Whole Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture your Child’s Developing Mind, by Daniel Siegel, MD and Tina Payne Bryson, PhD.
- No-Drama Discipline: The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind, by Dan Siegel, MD and Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D.
- Parenting from the Inside Out: How a Deeper Self-Understanding Can Help You Raise Children Who Thrive, by Dan Siegel, MD and Mary Hartzell, M.Ed.
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child: The Heart of Parenting, by John Gottman, PhD.
- Positive Discipline (Series), by Jane Nelsen
- Redirecting Children’s Behavior, by Kathryn Kvols
- Playful Parenting, by Lawrence J. Cohen, Ph.D.
- If I Have to Tell You One More Time: The Revolutionary Program that Gets Your Kids to Listen without Nagging, Reminding or Yelling, by Amy McCready
- How To Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk, by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Siblings Without Rivalry, by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Raising Your Spirited Child, by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
- Kids, Parents and Power Struggles, by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
- Hands Free Mama: A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List and Letting Go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters!, by Rachel Macy Stafford
- The Conscious Parent: Transforming Ourselves, Empowering our Children, by Dr. Shefali Tsabary
- Key to Personal Freedom: How Myths Affect our Family Lives, by Susie Walton
- Just Tell Me What to Say: Sensible Scripts for Perplexed Parents, by Betsy Brown Braun
Have a book you love and don’t see here? Please let me know so I can be sure to check it out!